IAATO Annual Meeting
Since IAATO was founded in 1991, members have come together at least once a year, usually in May or June, to determine which policies, procedures, challenges and tasks are agreed to by at least a two-thirds majority. IAATO committee members are also voted on at the Annual Meeting. All IAATO members in good standing — Operators and Associates — are invited and encouraged to attend open sessions and closed sessions (restricted to members).
All Antarctic Treaty Parties are welcome to send representatives to the open sessions of the Annual Meeting, and invitations are also extended to other organizations with a vested interest in Antarctica. The Annual Meeting is not open to the general public or press, but inquires should be sent to the IAATO Secretariat.
Review the outcomes of previous IAATO Annual Meetings:
- IAATO 26 (2015) Annual Meeting press release
- IAATO 25 (2014) Annual Meeting press release
- IAATO 24 (2013) Annual Meeting press release and SAR Workshop press release
- IAATO 23 (2012) Annual Meeting press release
- IAATO 22 (2011) Annual Meeting press release 1 and release 2
- IAATO 21 (2010) Annual Meeting press release
- IAATO 20 (2009) Annual Meeting press release