The FOM Sync App
A summary of uses and brief how-to guide for installing the latest FOM app.
What is the FOM Sync App?
The FOM Sync App is the tool IAATO members can use to download the IAATO FOM onto their computers.
Please note: This is not to be confused with the IAATO Polar Guide App which is available for iOS and Android Platforms, and only contains publicly available documents.
How to Download the App
FOM Sync app: The latest version v4 of the FOM Sync app is available for download below. This replaces previous season’s applications on the IAATO FOM USB drive, or for current season if an update for the FOM Sync app becomes available.
**Please delete v3 of the FOM Sync App before downloading the v4.
Download the 2020-21 season IAATO FOM Sync v4.0 app:
To install a new version of the FOM Sync app, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the Windows or Apple Mac FOM Sync app ZIP file using one of the links above.
- Extract the ZIP file in the Downloads folder.
- Drag and drop or copy and paste the extracted file onto the IAATO FOM USB flash drive to replace existing.
Note for Mac users: please make sure to copy the FOM Sync app to a separate folder on your Mac before launching the application. If you get an Initialization Error warning when starting, close the app and copy FOMSync.MAC to a different folder in for example Documents.
Note for Windows users: if after download and when launching the app you get a warning that it doesn’t have a valid digital signature, please follow the steps below:
- Right click on the file or program that you are not able to access
- Go to properties and click “Unblock”
- Try to run the application again
If you If you have any issues downloading the FOM Sync App please email firstname.lastname@example.org